Monday, June 2, 2014

Lime Chiffon Pie


Let the Jell-O recipes begin! I don't know why but when spring and summer roll around Jell-O recipes are the ones that most come to mind for me. It is a good thing that there is an endless variety of them! 

Today I thought that I would share with you one that I first tried out for Selena's bridal shower. I know it's not a very fancy pie plate, I cheated a little and used a ready made graham cracker crust from the store, but it tastes delicious! 

-Jennifer Figgins
daughter of Jesse Figgins and Mary Bryan


Lime Chiffon Pie

Ingredients:
2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg (4-serving size) lime Jell-O
ice cubes
1 1/2 tsp lime zest
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1 ready to use graham cracker crumb crust (6oz)

In a large bowl stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix for at least 2 minutes until completedly dissolved. 

Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup.

Add to gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. 

Stir in lime zest and juice.

Add Cool Whip; stir with wire whisk until well blended.

Refrigerate 15-20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound.

Spoon into crust.

Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. 

Store pie in refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment