Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Banana Cream Pie

Well I may not have gotten a punch recipe created for Selena last year, but I did make up a pie recipe for her! For Selena's bridal shower the girls (her bridesmaids) put on for her we decided to have a variety of pies instead of cake. 

It was kind of a country home theme. We had fresh cut flowers on every table, lace tablecloths, colorful bandanna doilies under the flowers, for drinks we had mason jars full of strawberry-limeade with a wedge of lime and of course a straw, and lots and lots of pie. I think we had about 10 or 12 different pies. It was a lot of fun, I think all the ladies enjoyed it.



I originally wanted to make my Grandma Joy's banana cream pie for Selena, but I couldn't find her recipe. I thought that I had it but it was amiss. I remember helping Grandma make it only a couple of times. She didn't make it very often but it was one of my favorites. I know that my new creation probably isn't even close to the same but it is a pretty quick and simple recipe.


Happy First Anniversary Meachams!


-Jennifer Figgins
daughter of Jesse Figgins and Mary Bryan



Banana Cream Pie

Ingredients:
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg (4-serving size) banana cream flavored instant pudding & pie filling
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1 Large banana
1 ready to use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz)

Beat cream cheese, milk, and dry pudding mix in a large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.

Gently stir in Cool Whip.

Thinly slice the banana: line the bottom of the pie crust with the slices.

Gently pour the pudding mixture over the banana slices. 

Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.

Optional: top with more  Cool Whip before serving.

Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment